Wargaming Forge International is a 3-month paid internship within a pioneer of the free-to-play gaming industry. Apply now to contribute to first-class, large-scale game titles while promoting them across the globe—and beyond as we collaborate with the International Space Station from time to time.
We are looking for someone with a passion for writing and video games with an expert command of English and knowledge of Russian. Our work is fast-paced but well-rewarding, and in this position, you can certainly network throughout Wargaming Minsk and our other offices worldwide.
Your training will be in practice, working together with our team to produce great content. It will include both short- and long-form copy and tasks that have a quick turnaround and some requiring much more thought.
You will work closely with your mentor on providing well-structured copies for all titles, current and as yet unannounced, and help provide valuable insight for all concepts targeting English-speaking markets.
To be considered for this internship, you need:
- A degree in Russian, journalism or a related field or 1+ years’ experience working in the games industry (not necessarily copywriting-related)
- Expert or native level of English and advanced level of Russian
- A passion for the video games industry
- Basic knowledge of current Wargaming products
- To have completed both the Content Writing test tasks provided by the Creative Agency
There are two test tasks: one in Russian and one in English.
The test task in Russian requires you to localize the text into English. We are not looking for a word-for-word translation, so you have the flexibility to adjust the text as you wish. However, the key messages must remain.
The test task in English needs you to create a press release from scratch that will be sent out by our Global PR team. The description contains all the necessary information you need to create the text, but the format (other than title and subtitle) is up to you.
A copywriter with over four years’ experience at Wargaming in our Parisian and Minsk offices working on anything and everything. He also spent four years viewing, reviewing, and interviewing bands as a music journalist while at university.
A graduate of the University of Manchester, James has been immersed in Russian culture having lived in provincial towns, and has driven from Los Angeles to New York and from Detroit to New Orleans.
- Full salary
- A relocation bonus
- Coverage of all costs including the visa, tickets and insurance
- Full assistance for registering in Belarus
- A corporate apartment for a month
- Support while looking for your own place
Minsk is a modern city, with an impressing historical appearance and young heart. It’s green, spacious and full of light in the day and neon at night.
Business-wise, it is one of the biggest booming global IT hubs of recent years and is progressively known as the “Silicon Valley of Europe”.
– James Birtles, Senior English Copywriter & Advisor