Wargaming Forge International is a 3-month paid internship within a pioneer of the free-to-play gaming industry. Apply now to contribute to first-class, large-scale game titles while promoting them across the globe—and beyond as we collaborate with the International Space Station from time to time.
As a communications strategist, you’ll work closely with the Creative & Strategy team in developing and implementing strategies that solve business problems and inspire new ideas that get players excited.
Success in this position is measured by the ability to provide analysis of research and to distill data and insights into briefs, strategies, and presentations that tell stories, which can be actualized by creatives. Success is also measured by an ability to steward strategies through the creative process in order to ensure that objectives are met.
An ideal candidate should be culturally aware, have a strong understanding of Wargaming products, and be extremely resourceful. We’re looking for someone who is fueled by curiosity and can independently identify insights, tell meaningful stories, and write strong briefs. Experience in an advertising agency, strategic planning, is preferred, but not required.
- Start by turning observation, data and research into insight. This means partnering with our Business Intelligence team on analysis and profiling. Uncover the problem we need to solve and the insights & motivations that will help us truly understand the target.
- From that, develop creative briefs that inspire creative ideas that can come to life across all channels and places including online sites and social platforms, offline (as in, events), media broadcasts and highly targeted, data-informed content. Think ideas, not just ads.
- Partner with Performance Advertising, Audience Management, and other teams to develop communications strategies that ensure we deliver relevant content to the right targets at the right times and places along their consumer journeys.
- Be a trusted partner that creatives depend on and partner with on projects.
- Gather and interpret research on consumer, cultural and competitive trends.
- Engage with cultural trends in order to bring those insights to the development of strategy and creatives.
- Represent strategic thinking behind work, regardless of medium.
- Engage and participate in workshops, brainstorms, and meetings.
- Proactively stay up-to-date on the industry to be knowledgeable experts on Wargaming products.
- Graduates from advertising schools, last year bachelor or master students majoring in communications, advertising, or marketing
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to develop presentation materials that are clear, concise, and intriguing
- A self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Innate curiosity and willingness to understand people, culture and the world, overall, and, most importantly, a burning desire to dig into what makes them tick
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative research is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to collaborate effectively in cross-team settings
- Open-mindedness to new ideas and ways of looking at things
- Resourcefulness: being able to creatively use resources to proactively solve problems and get the job done.
A comms & brand strategist with 8 years of advertising experience; a member of APG London, a non-for-profit organization run by account planners.
Graduated from a US high school and a Dutch university, founded a portable branding studio, has skydived, and joined Wargaming along the way.
While on your internship, you will get all the benefits as if you were an officially employee of Wargaming Minsk (which has just won the Belarusian Best Employer Award for the 3rd time in a row). This includes a relocation bonus, full assistance on registration in Belarus, and covering the cost of the visa, tickets and insurance.
Forget your thoughts of gray buildings and permanent snow, Minsk is an amazing city that is open, friendly and welcoming to those who visit. Minsk is constantly growing its reputation in its booming IT industry, progressively known as the “Silicon Valley of Europe”. The capital of Belarus offers culture and life for both those who want a quiet life and those who want to paint the town red.
While on your internship, you will get all the benefits as if you were officially employed to Wargaming Minsk. This includes a relocation bonus, full assistance on registration in Belarus, covering your spends on a visa, tickets and insurance.
"I relocated from Paris to Minsk and with the help of the team, all the complicated documents - such as my work visa - were sorted for me. Everything was made that bit easier as the team organized my flights and sorted me out with a corporate flat while I was looking for a place of my own. Plus, a few weeks before I moved, I was in touch with a relocation specialist who helped me find apartment options to suit my needs. All in all, it made one of the most stressful experiences in life a lot simpler.
By working here, you’ll get to meet experts in different fields, expand your horizons - both in and outside of work - and leave your mark on our world-renowned games. Being part of Wargaming Minsk is great as no day is the same and we all pitch together to tackle tasks of varying complexity." – James Birtles, Senior English Copywriter & Advisor