Wargaming Forge International is a 3-month paid internship within a pioneer of the free-to-play gaming industry. Apply now to contribute to first-class, large-scale game titles while promoting them across the globe—and beyond as we collaborate with the International Space Station from time to time.
As a communications strategist, you’ll work closely with the Creative & Strategy team in developing and implementing strategies that solve business problems and inspire new ideas that get players excited.
Success in this position is measured by the ability to provide analysis of research and to distill data and insights into briefs, strategies, and presentations that tell stories, which can be actualized by creatives. Success is also measured by an ability to steward strategies through the creative process in order to ensure that objectives are met.
An ideal candidate should be culturally aware, have a strong understanding of Wargaming products, and be extremely resourceful. We’re looking for someone who is fueled by curiosity and can independently identify insights, tell meaningful stories, and write strong briefs. Experience in an advertising agency, strategic planning, is preferred, but not required.
- Start by turning observation, data and research into insight. This means partnering with our Business Intelligence team on analysis and profiling. Uncover the problem we need to solve and the insights & motivations that will help us truly understand the target.
- From that, develop creative briefs that inspire creative ideas that can come to life across all channels and places including online sites and social platforms, offline (as in, events), media broadcasts and highly targeted, data-informed content. Think ideas, not just ads.
- Partner with Performance Advertising, Audience Management, and other teams to develop communications strategies that ensure we deliver relevant content to the right targets at the right times and places along their consumer journeys.
- Be a trusted partner that creatives depend on and partner with on projects.
- Gather and interpret research on consumer, cultural and competitive trends.
- Engage with cultural trends in order to bring those insights to the development of strategy and creatives.
- Represent strategic thinking behind work, regardless of medium.
- Engage and participate in workshops, brainstorms, and meetings.
- Proactively stay up-to-date on the industry to be knowledgeable experts on Wargaming products.
- Graduates from advertising schools, last year bachelor or master students majoring in communications, advertising, or marketing
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to develop presentation materials that are clear, concise, and intriguing
- A self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Innate curiosity and willingness to understand people, culture and the world, overall, and, most importantly, a burning desire to dig into what makes them tick
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative research is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to collaborate effectively in cross-team settings
- Open-mindedness to new ideas and ways of looking at things
- Resourcefulness: being able to creatively use resources to proactively solve problems and get the job done.
A comms & brand strategist with 8 years of advertising experience; a member of APG London, a non-for-profit organization run by account planners.
Graduated from a US high school and a Dutch university, founded a portable branding studio, has skydived, and joined Wargaming along the way.
- Full salary
- A relocation bonus
- Coverage of all costs including the visa, tickets and insurance
- Full assistance for registering in Belarus
- A corporate apartment for a month
- Support while looking for your own place
Minsk is a modern city, with an impressing historical appearance and young heart. It’s green, spacious and full of light in the day and neon at night.
Business-wise, it is one of the biggest booming global IT hubs of recent years and is progressively known as the “Silicon Valley of Europe”.
– James Birtles, Senior English Copywriter & Advisor